Hollywood, FL Bankruptcy Lawyer
Book A Free Consultation
Are you feeling overwhelmed by bills that you are unable to pay? Have you tried to handle your debt yourself but made no progress? This does not mean that you have failed or that you are a bad person. There are many circumstances that can lead a person to being in debt, and not all of them are in your control. However, at this point, it may be wise to consider filing for bankruptcy. While the stigma around this word can be strong, filing for bankruptcy is sometimes the key to getting out from under debt and building a new foundation for your financial future. At The Santos Law Offices, P.A., our compassionate Hollywood bankruptcy lawyers can explain your legal options and help guide you through the process of getting your life back. Call to schedule a free consultation today!
What Does It Actually Mean To “File” For Bankruptcy?
Filing for bankruptcy is a legal process that an individual can undertake when they are unable to pay back debts. It requires a formal petition to be submitted to a court in which they seek protection from creditors and requests assistance in managing their financial issues. There are many types of bankruptcy, but the average person with debt from typical sources such as credit cards, personal loans, or medical bills usually files for either Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Both have their own characteristics to take into consideration:
- Chapter 7: this is also known as “liquidation” bankruptcy, in which eligible unsecured debt may be discharged if you can prove you have no means to pay it back. Creditors will not be allowed to call you, send notices, or contact you in any way. Non-exempt property will be liquidated and sold to pay your creditors.
- Chapter 13: this is also known as “reorganization” bankruptcy or a “wage earner’s plan.” Unlike Chapter 7, you are able to retain ownership of all of your assets after filing. You will work with their bankruptcy lawyer and the courts to develop a payment plan that usually lasts 3 – 5 years as long as you are still receiving income.
Our Hollywood bankruptcy lawyers will be able to review your finances and debts with you and determine if filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 will yield the best outcome for you. They can also answer any questions and address your concerns along the way to make sure you feel confident in the process.
What Does A Bankruptcy Lawyer Do?
Although filing for bankruptcy may be the best option in many cases, it is still a complicated legal process that can be stressful to go through. This is why working with an attorney who is both knowledgeable and experienced can be the key to achieving the best results. Bankruptcy lawyers can assist you with many aspects of filing, including:
- Consultation to discuss options, potential consequences, best course of action
- Assessment of financial situation, including assets, liabilities, income, and expenses
- Case preparation and documentation for the bankruptcy petition, including financial statements, income and expenses reports, etc.
- Representation throughout court proceedings
- Protection of rights and interests
- Development of repayment or reorganization plans
- Legal guidance, advocacy, negotiation, and more!
Our Hollywood Bankruptcy Lawyers Fights For Your Financial Future
At The Santos Law Offices, P.A., our attorneys are dedicated to getting you the fresh start you need with your finances. With over 20 years of combined experience, we are a firm that comes highly rated and recommended based on client reviews through Google and Avvo. Our lead attorney, Dalyla Santos, is fluent in both Spanish and English, as are other members of our staff. Our services are personalized and affordable, so don’t wait! Call today to schedule your free consultation and take the first steps to financial freedom.
Book A Consultation
Hollywood, FL Practice Areas
I highly recommend the Santos Law Office if you get sued by a credit card collection agency. I called them and had an appointment by phone, the next day. Within 3 weeks my case was settled and I had a affordable payment plan to settle my debt. Best part of all, I never stepped foot in a court. Thank you Santos Law Offices!!
I want to take a second to thank you guys! I never thought that the claim to bring my mother to come from Cuba would move so quickly! it's incredible that within 10 months I was able to finally have my mother by my side after not seeing her for 16 years thank you so much guys!!
Why Choose Us?
13+ Years Of Experience
Personalized, Effective & Affordable Legal Service