South Florida Parents Petition Lawyer

The Santos Law Offices helps parents and children reunite in the United States.

Parents Petition Lawyer in South Florida

It is hard to enjoy your time in the United States when your parents reside in another country. Trips abroad are expensive, so you cannot see them in person as much as you would like. You might try to fill in the gaps with phone and video calls, but it is not the same as being in the same room as them. Fortunately, you can take steps to bring your parents here through family-sponsored immigration as long as you are a U.S. citizen. A successful parents petition will allow your mother and father to live and work in the United States as permanent residents.

Because this is a complicated process, having an attorney guide you through each step is helpful. Contact our firm today to set up a free consultation with our South Florida parents petition lawyer.

Requirements to Sponsor Parents

You must meet the criteria to sponsor your parents. That means you must:

  • Be a United States citizen
  • Be at least 21 years of age
  • Have proof that they are your parents
  • Have an income that is at least 125% above the poverty line
  • File all necessary paperwork
Family Immigration in South Florida

Tell Us About Your Case

Contact Us Today for Your
Free Case Evaluation

We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.

Why Choose Santos Law offices

  • Free Consultation – Go over your case during the free phone consultation. 
  • Highly Rated – The firm has received numerous rave reviews and recommendations on Google and Avvo.
  • Bilingual – Dalyla Santos and the staff at The Santos Law Offices are fluent in English and Spanish, ensuring that each client receives proper representation. 
  • Multiple Practice Areas – The Santos Law Offices specializes in bankruptcy, civil litigation, insurance claims, and immigration. 
  • Personalized and Affordable Legal Services – Dalyla Santos truly cares about her clients. She provides personalized and affordable legal services to help individuals and citizens throughout South Florida.
  • A Firm With Purpose – The Santos Law Offices gives back to the community through pro bono work, mentorships, and charitable donations. Also, employees are supported and recognized for the work they do.

How To Petition For A Parent To Come To The U.s.

You will have to file Form I-130 and provide evidence of your citizenship to bring your parents to the U.S. If you were not born in the United States, you will need to provide a copy of your U.S. passport or your Certificate of Naturalization. You will also need to include other supporting documentation based on the situation.

For instance, if you want to bring your mother to the country, you will need to supply a copy of your birth certificate that displays both of your names. You will also need a birth certificate that shows your name, your mother’s name, and your father’s name, if you want to bring him over. Additionally, the petition requires a copy of your parents’ civil marriage certificate if they were married. If they were never married, you must show evidence that you and your father had a financial or emotional bond before you reached the age of 21 or got married.

These are some examples of the evidence you must provide with your petition. Our South Florida parents petition lawyer can discuss this in greater detail.

Employment Authorization

Your parents will automatically be granted work authorization once their visas are approved. However, it is slightly different if your parents are trying to adjust their status while they are already in the country. In this case, they can apply for work authorization while waiting for approval. Our bilingual South Florida parents petition lawyer can assist with this. Contact our firm for a free consultation to discuss the next steps to help your parents enjoy many of the rights afforded to U.S. citizens.

Affidavit Of Support

You will need to file an Affidavit of Support before bringing your parents to the United States. The document states that you will use your resources to support your parents if needed and will reimburse the government if they access means-tested public benefits. This agreement will be in place until your parents have 40 qualifying quarters of work or become naturalized U.S. citizens. Your income must be at least 125% above the poverty guidelines to qualify. If it is not, you can add co-sponsors to the petition. Contact our firm today to learn more about the legal requirements for supporting your parents.

Is There A Cap On Parent Visas?

There is not a cap for immediate relatives, including parents, to immigrate to the United States. That means your parents will not have to wait for an immigrant visa number to come available before relocating to the country. This also means that you can bring both parents over at the same time instead of separately. First, though, you need to begin the paperwork. Reach out to our firm today to set up a free consultation with our parents visa lawyer.

Tell Us About Your Case

Contact Us Today for Your
Free Case Evaluation

We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.

Real Clients, Real Testimonials