South Florida Siblings Petition Lawyer

The Santos Law Offices helps siblings navigate the complicated immigration process so they can reunite in the United States.

Siblings Petition Lawyer in South Florida

As much as you love living in America, you cannot help but think of the siblings you left behind. They used to be such a big part of your life, but the distance makes it challenging to spend time with them. As nice as visits and video calls are, they do not come close to living in the same country. Fortunately, you can petition to bring them over on F-4 immigrant visas as long as you meet the qualifications.
The immigration process is complicated; even a simple mistake can lead to a denial. Thus, let our South Florida siblings petition lawyer assist. Our bilingual attorney and staff can explain everything in detail, help you gather the supporting documentation, and submit the paperwork. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.

Sibling Petition Qualifications

You might qualify to bring your siblings to the United States if you:

  • Are 21 years of age or older
  • Have proof of the relationship
  • Are a U.S. citizen
  • Have a U.S. address
  • Meet the financial support requirements

This is a very basic overview of the requirements. Learn more by contacting our siblings petition attorney in South Florida.

Family Immigration in South Florida

Tell Us About Your Case

Contact Us Today for Your
Free Case Evaluation

We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.

Why Choose Santos Law offices

  • Free Consultation – Go over your case during the free phone consultation. 
  • Highly Rated – The firm has received numerous rave reviews and recommendations on Google and Avvo.
  • Bilingual – Dalyla Santos and the staff at The Santos Law Offices are fluent in English and Spanish, ensuring that each client receives proper representation. 
  • Multiple Practice Areas – The Santos Law Offices specializes in bankruptcy, civil litigation, insurance claims, and immigration. 
  • Personalized and Affordable Legal Services – Dalyla Santos truly cares about her clients. She provides personalized and affordable legal services to help individuals and citizens throughout South Florida.
  • A Firm With Purpose – The Santos Law Offices gives back to the community through pro bono work, mentorships, and charitable donations. Also, employees are supported and recognized for the work they do.

Proving The Relationship

The USCIS requires evidence of the relationship before granting an F-4 visa. The evidence needed depends on the relationship. For instance, if you and your siblings share a mother, you will need to provide birth certificates. However, additional documentation is required for adopted and step-siblings.

If you fail to submit the proper documentation, your application will be denied or put on hold. Because there is already such a long waiting period for F-4 visas, you do not want to make that mistake. Thus, contact our siblings petition lawyer today to discuss the documentation you need.

Affidavit Of Support For Sibling Petitions

While the United States is open to immigration, it takes steps to make sure that green card holders will not require means-tested government assistance. Thus, you will have to submit an Affidavit of Support stating that you will be financially responsible for your siblings. Then, if they receive means-based government assistance, you will have to pay it back.

Your income must be at least 125% of the federal poverty level to sponsor your siblings. If you do not make enough money, you can add one or more co-sponsors to your petition. The co-sponsors do not have to be siblings. Instead, you can ask aunts, uncles, parents, and others to help. Contact our South Florida siblings petition lawyer to learn more about your responsibilities as a sponsor.

Who Can Obtain An F-4 Visa?

The USCIS understands that the word “family” looks different for everyone. While some siblings are related by blood, others are adopted. Still, others share a mother or father but not both, while some are step-siblings. Fortunately, you can petition to bring over adopted, half, step, or full-blooded siblings. However, the documentation differs depending on the relationship. Our siblings petition lawyer in South Florida can help you gather the proper evidence to prove the relationship. Then, our firm can move forward with your petition.

Sibling Visa Cap

The United States only issues 65,000 F-4 visas a year. Because of that, there is often a long waiting period after applying. While it might be impossible to avoid the waiting period, submitting an accurate application with the proper supporting documentation can help speed up the process. This way, you will not have to worry about the application being denied or put on hold due to a mistake. Thus, reach out to our firm to discuss your case with a South Florida siblings petition lawyer.

Tell Us About Your Case

Contact Us Today for Your
Free Case Evaluation

We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.